(Behind the scenes of ‘Sam Peckinpah’s ‘Salad Days’ skit, part of Monty Python’s Flying Circus)
John Cleese on five factors to make your life more creative.
- Space (“You can’t become playful, and therefore creative, if you’re under your usual pressures.”)
- Time (“It’s not enough to create space; you have to create your space for a specific period of time.”)
- Time (“Giving your mind as long as possible to come up with something original,” and learning to tolerate the discomfort of pondering time and indecision.)
- Confidence (“Nothing will stop you being creative so effectively as the fear of making a mistake.”)
- Humor (“The main evolutionary significance of humor is that it gets us from the closed mode to the open mode quicker than anything else.”)
The full 36 minute version of John’s talk is available here. A worthy watch/listen. ♥